Saturday, January 24, 2009

My ulterior motives for creating a blog

I have been thinking for some time now that I would like to create my own blog but have always resisted seeing how almost every single person I know who has a blog is married and that blogging is basically married people's facebook. And seeing how I am not married I kind of felt like I would be breaking some kind of rule. I can hear it now "She's single, she can't have a blog yet. What could she possibly post on there if she doesn't have wedding pictures, baby announcements or husband pet peeves to talk about?" But, nevertheless I have created a blog of my own. I think the thing that finally pushed me over that decision line was that lately I have been in an anti-marriage mood. Well, not anti-marriage just anti-boy. Here are the most recent acts I have committed.

1). Even with all of the counsel and guidance given me on how girls should have long hair, I, in defiance of men, chopped off 13 inches of my hair.
2). My Bishop gave me counsel on how I need to be going to my family home evening activities and be "more involved" in the ward, and since then I have not gone to a single FHE activity.
3). I have gone on a few 1st and/blind dates lately and then shortly thereafter by some magical power I cannot answer my phone when they call me a few days later or the following week. Or I somehow forget to text them back when they ask me about my day. Or when a friend asks me what I thought of the guy I only find feelings of impartiality, passiveness and irrelevency.

So I guess that by creating my own blog I am somehow adding to this list of defiant acts since it is engaging in an activity that I have always seen as something married people do.

Now, the first step in the rehabilitation process is admitting when you have a problem. So here it goes....(big breath) I have a bitterness problem that often leads to bratty and immature behavior towards men There, I said it. Now the next question is, is there a cure?

Well I think that that was a wonderful introduction! Although I do promise that my future posts will not be so bitter and will be based on the cooler and more interesting things in my life....like my job :)

2 comments:

Mal said...

Chantelle! You have no idea how happy I am that you have a blog! I don't think it's just for married people, I am very excited to hear all about your life- and maybe just maybe every once and awhile I might be a little jealous of all the fun you are having :). Love ya- Mal

Leslie said...

Do you know Carly Jane, she married Jeremy Christensen. Her site was one of my favorite. She was single at the time and gave wonderful outside, insights on our little community of Blanding. It was great. blogging is just a good way to keep in touch with people you love. ( This is Mall's MOM)