Thursday, March 19, 2009

Poems

Not many people know it, but I like to write poems. There are few people who have ever read them and I thought that it's time I share a few.
RELIEF
Somedays I feel down and weary
and life is full of stress,
but the sound of trickling bubbles
makes your stress seem much less.
With the water warm and the tide high
with wet feet you just sit back,
the water almost sounds like music
as you soak in the rest you lack.
This is a peaceful place, where all is right.
It's a place visited quite often.
The wind blows soft when you're all alone
and the trials in life seem to soften.
LIVE
To ease my pain
To escape from life
To revive my soul
To relax my mind
I sleep.
To lift my spirit
To see the same from you
To hide how I truly feel
To enjoy the world around me
I smile.
To express how I feel
To relieve built up stress
To release anger and fear
To show I have weakness
I cry.
To forever hold what I have
To momentarily have what I cannot
To be who I've always wanted
To forget what I regret
I dream.
To sleep when I feel want
To smile when I am sad
To cry without reason or warning
To dream through most the day
I LIVE.

2 comments:

Kenny Do's said...

Chantelle, this is pretty good! do you sit and think of things to write? Or is it stuff you have had to do for assingments or something?

Chantelle said...

I never really kept any of the poetry I had to write for school assignments because I thought they were dumb because they were forced and not something I really wanted to do. But these poems and any others that I post are ones that just come to mind at random times. Words just hit me and I grab the closest pen and anything to write on and write it down.