Sunday, May 17, 2009

The ups and downs of life.

I wouldn't say that I haven't been in a blogging mood because I feel like I have lots to tell about but when I actually sit down to type out my thoughts everything is jumbled in my head and I can't make full sentences and it's kind of frustrating. The last three weeks have been a little crazy it seems and I'm not sure if all my jumbled thoughts can be put into words. But I've experienced the extremes in almost every emotion and it is a little exhausting.

I've had a lot of fun with friends lately. I've been to bonfires, concerts, out to eat, hot tubing, movie theaters, library excursions, many sand volleyball games, movie marathons, staying up way too late and getting up way too early. It's been awesome and it's nice to have friends I feel comfortable around and can always count on having a good time with. My roommate Kimmy is awesome. When we first moved in with each other I knew that we could be friends but I didn't really see us being super close or anything but over the last several months she's become one of my really good friends and is someone I can talk to about anything really. She is the more proactive one between the two of us and it is usually her making all sorts of fun plans with people and then invites me to come along, it's nice. I think I have become boring since high school. I used to be someone who couldn't stand not having plans and doing something all the time but now the idea of staying home on a Friday night and watching a movie by myself doesn't bother me really. Obviously I get bored sometimes and get that feeling of boredom, you know when you get that almost sick feeling in your stomach and your body gets restless and you can't sit still because you want to go do something but aren't sure what to do because you don't have plans? Yeah, I hate that feeling. So lucky for me I have Kimmy around to save me from that annoying feeling of boredom.

So the work scene has been absolutely crazy the last two weeks. My job stresses me out so much. It's not normal to dread your job as much as I do. Now don't get me wrong, I love the kids I teach and I love what I do but my boss makes my life absolutely miserable. Two weeks ago the owner of the day care I work at just decided to fire the office manager and thought that the director would be fine doing both jobs and then when the director told her she was putting in her notice and would only stay through the summer then the following week the owner fired the director as well. Well let me just say that without an office manager or a director in the office to help parents guess who was left to deal with the parents and feel really stupid when their questions couldn't be answered? ME! It was really hard to have parents come to me with questions about their bill or their schedule and what to do about summer coming up and the list goes on and on and me not being able to tell them anything because I don't work in the office and I don't have access to that kind of information. So frustrating! So after a week with no office manager and a day without a director I called up my boss and turned in my two weeks notice. This was last Friday. (p.s. my boss lives in Arkansas which definitely adds to the situation.) Did I have a job lined up for after? Nope. Did I have any plans on what I was going to do without a job? Nope. Did I have enough money to even get me through the summer? Nope. Awesome situation, I know. But in my mind it was better to be jobless than work for this lady and cry every day on the way home from work because I was so stressed out. Not cool.

Anyway, I'll make the rest of the story a short version. My boss flew in and surprised us all this last Monday morning. Come to find out she was just going to close up shop without even a two weeks notice to the parents or the staff. But luckily something worked out and she sold the business to another lady who realized how crazy my boss is and after all the paper work was finished she told her to leave and is now no longer allowed in the building. YEA!!!!!! I cannot express in words how happy I was the moment that she left and I knew I no longer worked for her. This new lady, her name is Sarah is going to be awesome. She called the office manager and the director and begged them to come back, she's keeping the current staff and is building another facility three times the size of the place we're in now. So to sum it all up: my two weeks notice is void and I get to keep my job and for the first time in two weeks I did not cry on my way home from work!

Random updates:
-I went home for Mother's Day weekend and that was awesome to be home for a few days.
-Talking to Mason on Mother's Day was so good. He's doing so awesome and I'm proud of him.
- I get to go to Havasupai the second week in June and I'm seriously SOOO excited!
- The weather has been so amazing the last few weeks and I'm loving it.
- I think I want to run a half marathon in August.
- I went swim suit shopping the other day with no luck. It is the most dreaded thing ever!
- I wish I didn't have to work during the summer, I just want to lay out and play sand volleyball all day.
- Lots of people I know have recently gotten engaged, congrats to them and I'm happy for them.
- Many friends of mine just had a baby or are currently pregnant, some with baby number two and although that is awesome news, secretly it just makes me sad because I want one.
- Despite all these marriage and baby announcements and as jealous as I feel sometimes I honestly am happy I am single with no children! There in an eternity for that and I am having too much fun right now!
- And lastly, I am going shopping today! It's time for some new clothes! Yea!

1 comment:

Mal said...

Wow, crazy drama with your work! Glad you got a new boss, hopefully things will get better for you! Where is Havasupai? Sounds fun!