Sunday, August 23, 2009

Reflections

~ The temple dedication yesterday was so inspiring and I am so glad I was able to attend. The House of the Lord is such a special place and each time I go I leave with a greater desire to be better and I am reminded again why I must strive to live worthy and in a manner consistent with my Heavenly Father's will. I love how strongly I feel the spirit. I am so blessed to have the gospel in my life.

~ I am so grateful for good friends. When I was living at home I was blessed to have had excellent friends and it was really hard for me to leave home and go to school not knowing anyone and having to find new friends. I have found that no matter where I go there are good people and I just have to find those people who have the same standards and values I do. I have made so many friends since I've left home and each person has enriched my life in their own way and I am so glad that God places people in our lives and allows us to learn from and enjoy those friendships.

~ I've found that carrying out decisions is often harder than making decisions.

~ A clean and organized home/room/work place allows me to relax a little more, stress a little less and ultimately I am happier when things are in order.

~ I love how much better I feel during the day when I get up to exercise in the morning.

~ I love my job. Children are so innocent and pure and the kids at work brighten my day in so many ways. I consider it a privilege to be able to work with them; I only hope I can be even the slightest influence for good in their lives.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ditto to all you said. I love going to the temple dedications. The spirit is so strong and to be able to participate in the Hosanna Shout is a very spiritual experience.