Monday, February 16, 2009

Secret Admirer

So on Friday night I was sitting around with a couple of friends and at 12:03 (officially Valentine's Day) we get a knock at the door. It's not very often that people come around my apartment and especially that late at night. So this was definitely out of the ordinary. So we answer the door just like most Americans, we yell "COME IN!".......nothing. So we yell again, "COME IN!".....nothing. Then Nate, one of the guys there gets up and answers the door and no one is there but clipped to my door is this cute little note. I was really surprised. So I take the card and open it up and this is what I find inside:
Now, tell me, does this make sense to anyone else? The front of the card is green which is my favorite color so maybe that can pass but the inside being yellow with a duck drawn on it? Really? Just a reminder, in case any of you forgot, yellow and green are NOT Valentines Day colors. But then again, maybe it was the only color of cardstock that was available and being a poor college student couldn't go out and buy some different colors. So in that light I will ignore the fact that the colors are wrong and accept the nice gesture. Nevertheless, I was very confused. But it gets even better, I then close it and this is on the back:

At first this may look like an attempt to draw the Hallmark crown but if you look really close there is a little "mini Moroni", if you will, on top of that crown, or is it a temple? Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Only in Provo. So there I am, sitting and reading this card while the people in the room are asking me who it's from, so I show them the card and they are all as confused as I am. Well, my conclusions at this time were this: 1) This card was made by more than one person. Because the hand writting that wrote my name on the front and the Secret Admirer part on the back of the card was different and more girly than the rest of it, so the culprit is at least one guy with a girl accomplice. 2) I have a couple guy friends in the area and I won't mention any names but if you knew them at all, especially one in particular, this card has his name written ALL over it. This flower was also attached to the note.


Now, my guess on who "they" were may or may not be correct, but I'm not really that concerned with finding out. The whole thing was fun while it lasted.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny!! Would these particular boys happen to be from Blanding? Or are there others that are just as crazy?

Janice Twitchell said...

That's funny! At least they tried to be creative! hah!Sounds like you have some funny friends!

Rachel said...

I love it!! So, has anyone fessed up yet? I can't wait to hear the ending to this story...thats assuming you will find out sometime.

Kenny Do's said...

Chantelle,I didn't know you had a blog now!!! how fun to have a secret admirer...however I can't tell if it's for real or if you were feeling like it was a joke? Did you ever decide who it was from?

Chantelle said...

I'm pretty sure it was joke. There is a guy friend of mine that doesn't live very far from me and I"m pretty sure it was him and some of his friends. I haven't called him on it, but that's ok. It's funner to just let him think I don't know. ha ha