Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

I think it would be safe to say that I caught some kind of cold/sinus viral infection around the end of October and I haven't been free of it for longer than a few days in between long spells of not being able to breathe....not cool. I'm not really sure what the deal is. My whole life I have been the one that never gets sick. My whole family would get the flu or strep throat or whatever and low and behold I would walk through the fire unscathed. So it has me completely puzzled that 1. I got sick in the first place and 2. that I didn't get over it in less than a week. OK, it's not a completely mystery; the fact is, I am surrounded by children all day and it's beginning to take a toll on my immune system. If I had to base whether or not I'm going to keep working at the day care on one thing, the whole always being sick thing is enough of a reason for me to put this job behind me. It's sad, but true. I've almost forgotten what it's like to breathe without decongestive medicines, not have eye drops, a bag of cough drops and nasal spray on hand at all times and not go through a box of tissues a week. It will be a blessed day indeed when I can wake up in the morning and be able to breathe.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Maybe since you never caught any of the virus's when you were younger you are not immune to any of them, so every single tiny different strain....you catch it. You really have been sick all winter! Hope you feel better soon. Maybe I should invite you over for chicken noodle soup. :)